What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file containing a small amount of data, which is downloaded an installed on a device during browsing on a website. In subsequent visits to this website, the cookies are recognized by the original website or by websites that are linked to it. Cookies are useful because they make it possible to store and recover information on the number of visitors and the devices and browsing habits of the users; depending on the information contained in the cookies and on how the device is used, cookies may also make it possible to recognize users. For more information on cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What Type of Cookie Does This Website Use?
The website https://natconference.museuciencies.cat uses the following types of cookie:
- By duration:
- Session cookies: these only exist during the session that the user opens on visiting the website. They disappear from the user’s device when the user closes the browser or turns off the device. If the user has chosen to identify themselves using other mechanisms provided for this purpose, session cookies are used that contain encrypted information to differentiate them from other users.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies are stored on the user’s device after the browser has been closed or the device turned off. They are activated each time the user visits the website that created the cookie in question. When the website is visited, a unique identifier is assigned to the user, which is associated with a persistent cookie that is downloaded to their browser.
- By entity installing the cookies:
- Proprietary cookies: the information obtained by means of these cookies is administered by Bioexplora to provide the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: the information obtained by means of these cookies belongs to Google, Inc., Teitter, Instagram, Facebook.
- By purpose:
- Technical cookies: these allow the user to browse and use the different options and services provided on the website, such as traffic control and data communication, session identification, information requests, viewing videos, use of security elements during browsing or when downloading, publishing or sharing content.
- Analytics cookies: these record the number of visitors, measure and statistically analyze the activity of users and create browsing profiles that make it possible to make improvements to the website.
Brief description of the cookies used on the website and their effects:
|__cf_bm||30 minutes||Cloudflare set the cookie to support Cloudflare Bot Management.|
|_ga||1 year 1 month 4 days||Google Analytics sets this cookie to calculate visitor, session and campaign data and track site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognise unique visitors.|
|_ga_*||1 year 1 month 4 days||Google Analytics sets this cookie to store and count page views.|
|CONSENT||2 years||YouTube sets this cookie via embedded YouTube videos and registers anonymous statistical data.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie records the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie records the user consent for the cookies in the "Analytics" category.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||1 year||The GDPR Cookie Consent plugin sets the cookie to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie records the user consent for the cookies in the "Necessary" category.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie stores user consent for cookies in the category "Others".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie stores the user consent for cookies in the category "Performance".|
|CookieLawInfoConsent||1 year||CookieYes sets this cookie to record the default button state of the corresponding category and the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.|
|JSESSIONID||session||New Relic uses this cookie to store a session identifier so that New Relic can monitor session counts for an application.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||5 months 27 days||YouTube sets this cookie to measure bandwidth, determining whether the user gets the new or old player interface.|
|VISITOR_PRIVACY_METADATA||5 months 27 days||Description is currently not available.|
|vuid||1 year 1 month 4 days||Vimeo installs this cookie to collect tracking information by setting a unique ID to embed videos on the website.|
|wp-wpml_current_language||session||WordPress multilingual plugin sets this cookie to store the current language/language settings.|
|YSC||session||Youtube sets this cookie to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the user's video preferences using embedded YouTube videos.|
|yt-remote-device-id||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the user's video preferences using embedded YouTube videos.|
|yt.innertube::nextId||never||YouTube sets this cookie to register a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|yt.innertube::requests||never||YouTube sets this cookie to register a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
How to Deactivate or Remove Cookies
Users may accept installation or deactivation of these cookies and may block or delete them at any time by using the browser setup as follows:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer – http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Cookie settings in Firefox – https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome – https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Cookie settings in Safari – https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Cookie settings in Windows Phone – http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings